When it comes to crafting an exceptional experience, UX best practices are essential. UX best practices are those effective procedures designed to enhance UX design, and it’s important to put into action. Creating an exceptional user experience for your target audience calls for implementing UX best. Discover how UX best practices can drive your bot design forward and five effective actions you can take to enhance the user experience:
Why Bother With UX Best Practices?
Using UX best practices in your chatbot design is an effective way to improve customer satisfaction, increase engagement, and even boost potential sales. For instance, you can provide your customers with convenience by implementing UX best practices to encourage booking appointments online at any time of the day. Companies such as Uber, Babylon Health, Duolingo and Reserve put UX best practices into place with the chatbots and voice assistants they’ve created to help their users book restaurant tables and car rides, learn new languages and get medical advice on-demand. By implementing UX best practices in their bot and conversational design, these companies are able to provide convenience to their customers and enhance the user experience.
How to Implement UX Best Practices
Creating a chatbot or voice assistant that end-users will love requires taking actionable steps to improve the user experience. You can get it done by using tried-and-true UX best practices. Try using these UX best practices to help drive the user experience to the next level:
- Focus on conversational flow. Navigating the flow of conversation requires planning out how users may interact with your chatbot or voice assistant. Create different scenarios and rehearse them aloud with your developers and conversational designers. You can also include typing indicators to create a more natural conversation that mimics the time it takes for a human to respond to a message. It also gives users time to read the message. By implementing these UX best practices, you can enhance the dialogue and conversational flow so that it happens naturally.
- Personalize the experience. Personalizing the experience helps enhance the user experience since it provides a way to build rapport. Personalize the experience by using your customers’ names in greetings and messages your chatbot or voice assistant provides.
- Consider misunderstandings. Your chatbot or voice assistant won’t always have the answer to every question. So, it’s important to plan for misunderstandings and errors. Designing for errors helps improve the user experience so that users still have an option for resolving their issues. For instances, you can plan out error messages in the event your chatbot or voice assistant cannot resolve a problem.
- Use personas. Give your chatbot of voice assistant a personality to humanize the experience. For instance, you can create a chatbot that speaks with a casual tone. However, the persona should match your brand’s identity. Aligning your chatbot’s personality with your brand’s identity helps to continue your brand’s narrative. It also makes it easier for your chatbot to build trust with your audience and encourages future interactions.
- Take advantage of prototyping tools. With prototyping tools, you can create a live, clickable version of your chatbot or voice assistant. For instance, you can use Botsociety’s prototyping tool to create high-fidelity chatbots or voice assistants to test how your bot converses with the user in real time. Prototyping tools make it easy for you to not only visualize your concept but also test it for errors so you can fix potential problems that can negatively impact the user experience.
If you want to improve the user experience, then UX best practices are essential. Just put these UX best practices into action to enhance the user experience and, ultimately, improve customer satisfaction.