If you want to develop deeper relationships with your customers or offer relevant services and products to them right from their mobile devices, then a Facebook Messenger Bot just may be the answer. A Facebook Messenger Bot is a software application that communicates to its users on Facebook with the help of artificial intelligence (AI). They have several uses, including delivering email messages, answering FAQs and providing customer service.
With billions of daily active users, Facebook Messenger is an attractive platform for developers and companies that want to reach new and existing audiences via chatbots. But how can a Facebook Messenger Bot help you and how can you get started with developing one? Read on to discover their value and key best practices for developing one:
Why Create a Facebook Messenger Bot?
Facebook Messenger Bots have several uses that you can use across a variety of industries. When you create one, you can use it to provide customer service, promote products, encourage sales and enhance engagement with your customers. Beauty retailer Sephora gets this done with its Virtual Assistant’s Reservation Assistant feature that helps customers book beauty appointments. Even office supply stores like Staples uses a Facebook Messenger Bot to provide order confirmations and updates to customers.
How to Design Your Facebook Messenger Bot
Developing a Facebook Messenger Bot calls for having a plan to develop one that enhances the customer experience. Consider these best practices to create a Facebook Messenger Bot effectively:
- Decide your bot’s purpose. Consider how your Facebook Messenger Bot will help your customers or those who you intend to use its services. Understanding your bot’s purpose helps you to focus your bot’s dialogue.
- Give it a personality. Your bot is an opportunity for you to build a relationship with your customers and a giving your bot a personality is an ideal way to achieve this. It helps with the natural flow of conversation, which can be beneficial for engaging customers. Use language your customers can relate to and make sure the personality aligns with your brand.
- Personalize the experience. You can humanize the conversation and enhance the experience with your customer by personalizing the conversation. For instance, you can design your bot so that it opens the conversation by including the customer’s name after the greeting.
- Think about the conversational flow. It’s crucial to consider when customers may ask for specific products or services during their interaction with your Facebook Messenger Bot. When you anticipate customer needs, you can provide them with better answers to their questions. Map out the flow of the conversation and practice using the dialogue between your team of human developers and conversational designers. It’s easier to tell if the conversation is flowing naturally when verbalize and hear the conversation.
- Consider leveraging prototyping tools. Prototyping tools simplify the testing and designing process by providing a way to visualize your Facebook Messenger Bot’s interface and test its functions before you create and distribute the final product. For instance, you can use Botsociety’s prototyping tool to preview your Facebook Messenger Bot’s conversation flow in action. You can have users test it in a beta format and even use it to present to potential investors in a presentation. By creating a prototype, you can discover and fix any issues with your bot before investing more time and money into a product that isn’t fully ready for use.
Facebook Messenger Bots continue to revolutionize the world of business and beyond. You can be a part of that revolution by creating your own. By using these best practices, you can design a Facebook Messenger Bot that can quickly carry on natural conversations with your customers and enhance the customer experience.